Thursday, March 26, 2015

Upcoming events and dates

Hello everyone,
This afternoon our class will be working with the Mendel Art Gallery to create masks for our play. They did not give me a list of things to prepare or to tell the students, so I'm not sure what to expect. It did occur to me this morning that we may do face casting, and that the children should wear older clothing and possibly bring something to tie back long hair and bangs. I will bring some hair elastics and headbands that the children can borrow if they need them.

I made a slight mistake on the date of performance night and so I want to give you that information and to let you know this is now correct and will not change again.
Monday, April 20th, dress rehearsal at St. Anne
Rehearsals and Performances at E.D. Feehan:
Tuesday, April 21st, dress rehearsal 1:00
Wednesday, April 22nd, performance at 1:15 for St. Anne School and other guests
Wednesday, April 22nd, performance at 7pm for St. Anne School parents and the wider Saskatoon community
Thursday, April 23rd, possible performance at 7pm  for St. Anne School parents and the wider Saskatoon community.

The other evening I created a facebook invite to the play that could be shared by the artists, and organizations supporting our work as they are very keen on spreading the word about our play. After a day, the invite had been shared several times and nearly 500 people had been invited. This surprised me. It also got me thinking about the logistics of seating everyone. I know that 500 invited guests may mean only 20 actually attend, but we would regret not having enough seats for our parents and guests of our own students. So I need to put this idea our to you, the parents, the ones that will be attending and driving your kids to E.D. Feehan: if we have a tremendous interest in our play, we can perform the play on both Wednesday and Thursday evenings. It would take commitment from our students to attend both evenings and commitment from parents and family members to bring them both evenings. As well, instead of selling tickets at the door, we would have to sell them in advance, or have families reserve them in  advance. Before I make any decisions, I would like some feedback from our families. I will try to make this really easy, if you have a suggestion, please email, call, or stop by. Make your preference known by answering the pole I've created. The pole is at the top of the blog on the right side in the margin beside this post. Here is the facebook invite, for your information:
Big P'Looter and the Council Of Beings.
This is an all ages show. The songs and dances are really coming along. We haven't put the entire play together yet, but I can tell you that seeing the pieces... WOW! You are going to be blown away. Please feel free to invite grandma and grandpa, aunties, uncles, cousins. In the next week we will make a decision about performance dates and send you a formal invite with details on tickets and reservations. The cost will be $5 per adult.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment