Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wanted: An expert (A.K.A. an electritian)

Hello again everyone,
I am looking for an electrician that can come into our classroom to assist us with our electricity project. What I've imagined is that we will have our expert circulate while we take apart our appliances and identify the "electrical parts". The expert could let the children know if their identifications are correct, and answer questions that the children have. Later in the unit, I am hoping to have children build something electrical - maybe potato lights and clocks? If we could have an expert come and help us trouble shot that day, that would be so helpful. I'm not very knowledgeable about electricity, and if we encounter any problems, I'm not sure I'll be that helpful with the trouble shooting.
So this would be low key - no presentations, no being put on the spot. We just need someone that can come and assist us with our learning. If you think that you can help, and you have an electrical background, please let me know. I'm sort of aiming to have kids take apart the appliances on October 24th in the morning.
You can contact me through email: jgallays@gscs.sk.ca or by phone: 659-8100.
Thanks,
Ms. Gallays

No comments:

Post a Comment